To configure OneLogin to sign in users into Marketo using SAML, follow those steps.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for Marketo. Click Add.
- In the Add Marketo screen select for the app to be used by the Organization and select SAML 2.0 for the Connector Version. Press Continue.
- Type your Munchkin Account Id into the Munchkin Account Id field within the Configuration tab. You can find it in Marketo under Admin>Munchkin>Munchkin Account Id.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy the HTTP Endpoint under SAML Endpoints to the clipboard for use in Marketo later. Set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default User ID value like email or user principal name, depending on what will match the users' Marketo credential.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to Marketo.
In Marketo, do the following:
- Sign into Marketo as a admin.
- Click Admin at the top of the page.
- Go to Admin -> Integration -> Single Sign-On in the sidebar.
- Edit the SAML Settings.
- Set SAML to Enabled.
- In the SAML Issuer field, insert the Issuer URL that was copied in Step 3 from OneLogin.
- In the Entity ID field, insert the SAML HTTP Endpoint that was copied in Step 3 from OneLogin.
- In OneLogin, click Security the SAML and download the x.509 certificate in .DER format. Use this for the Identity Provider Certificate.
- Press Save to finish.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of Marketo.
- Click the Marketo icon on your dashboard. This should log you into Marketo.
If you're not using the same User ID in Box as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the Marketo application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- Notice that the User ID field is blank. This is because it's defaulting to the User ID parameter.
- To user a different credential with Marketo, type it in the User ID field and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the "Marketo" icon.