To configure OneLogin to sign in users into LogMeIn Rescue using SAML, follow those steps. Also you will need to request for LogMeIn to enable the single sign-on functionality.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for LogMeIn Rescue. Click Add.
- In the Add LogMeIn Rescue screen select for the app to be used by the Organization and select SAML 1.1 for the Connector Version. Press Continue.
- Type your LogMeIn Rescue Company ID into the Company ID field within the Configuration tab.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default SSO ID value that matches the LogMeIn Rescue SSO ID.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to LogMeIn Rescue.
- Finally, navigate to Security>SAML. Copy the x.509 Certificate to send to LogMeIn.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of LogMeIn Rescue.
- Click the LogMeIn Rescue icon on your dashboard. This should log you into LogMeIn Rescue.
If you're LogMeIn Rescue SSO ID does not match anything OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the LogMeIn Rescue application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- Type the correct SSO ID in the SSO ID field and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the LogMeIn Rescue icon.