To configure OneLogin to sign in users into SumTotal using SAML, follow those steps. Also you will need to request for SumTotal to enable the single sign-on functionality.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for SumTotal. Click Add.
- In the Add SumTotal screen select for the app to be used by the Organization and select SAML 2.0 for the Connector Version. Press Continue.
- Under the Configuration tab enter your Company name.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default User name value like email or user principal name, depending on what will match the users' SumTotal credentials.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to SumTotal.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of SumTotal.
- Click the SumTotal icon on your dashboard. This should log you into SumTotal.
If you're not using the same User ID in SumTotal as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the SumTotal application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- Type in a new Username and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the "SumTotal" icon.