Configuring OneLogin for using delegated (passwordless) authentication with PBworks is easy. Follow these steps:
Contact PBworks and ask them to enable delegated authentication for your account. Provide this URL:
Your PBworks representative will provide a shared secret that you'll use when setting up OneLogin.
- In OneLogin, click the padlock to get to the dashboard, then Find apps.
- Search for PBworks. Click Add.
- In Authentication Method choose "API".
- In Logins, choose either "Configured by admin" or "Shared". Never choose "Configured by users" here, as that will enable users to assume each others identities in PBworks.
- In Domain, type the name of the domain you registered with PBworks.
- In Network, type the name your your PBworks network.
- In Secret, insert the secret key provided by your PBworks representative in the steps above.
- Select roles to which this application should be available.
- Click Update.
- Click People, then Users.
- Click Edit next to a user you'd like to setup for PBworks.
- Scroll down to the logins, and click edit next to PBworks.
- In Email, type the email address the user is signed up with in PBworks.
- In Permission, type either 'guest', 'user' or 'admin' to identity the users permissions in PBworks.
Repeat step 2-5 for each user that should have access to PBworks through OneLogin.
And you're done.