To configure OneLogin to sign in users into ThousandEyes using SAML, follow those steps.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for ThousandEyes. Click Add.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy the Issuer URL and the HTTP Endpoint under SAML Endpoints to the clipboard for use in ThousandEyes later. Set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default Username value of email or something equivalent to email to use as ThousandEye's credential.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to ThousandEyes.
In ThousandEyes, do the following:
- Open the Settings>Accounts page and click the Single Sign-On tab.
- Check the box to enable Single Sign-On.
- Copy the HTTP Endpoint you previously copied into your clipboard in the Login Page URL field.
- Copy the Issuer URL you previously copied into your clipboard in the Identity Provider Issuer field.
- Set the Service Provider Issuer to http://www.thousandeyes.com.
- In OneLogin, click Security then and download the x.509 certificate in .pem format. Upload it into the Verification certificate field.
- Save the settings.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of ThousandEyes.
- Click the ThousandEyes icon on your dashboard. This should log you into ThousandEyes.
If you're not using the same Username in ThousandEyes as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the ThousandEyes application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- Type in a different value in the Username field and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the ThousandEyes icon.
- You're done!