To configure OneLogin to sign in users into Greenhouse using SAML, follow those steps. You will need to contact Greenhouse to turn on SSO. Provide them the the Metadata file and x.509 Certificate you'll download later.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for Greenhouse. Click Add.
- In the Add Greenhouse screen select for the app to be used by the Organization and select SAML 2.0 for the Connector Version. Press Continue.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy the Issuer URL into a new browser tab. Provide the XML file that is downloaded to Greenhouse. Set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default User ID value of email or something equivalent to email to use as Greenhouse's credential. Also choose a First Name, Last Name, Email, and Username value.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to Greenouse.
- Finally, navigate to Security>SAML and download the x.509 Certificate in .pem format. Provide the file to Greenhouse.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of Greenhouse.
- Click the Greenhouse icon on your dashboard. This should log you into Greenhouse.
If you're not using the same User ID in Greenhouse as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the Greenhouse application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- Type in the new User ID and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the Greenhouse icon.
- You're done!